Aries are free and independent thinkers who run a mile in a opposite direction if they sense that somebody is trying to infringe upon their freedoms. They are highly observant-nothing gets past them! Aries are playful, and fun is always on their mind. Even the most normal and boring day will turn thrilling with them. Aries does not talk about their problems, they fight them. Aries believe that anything is possible. They never put up emotional barriers and don’t have that "can’t be done" mentality.
Aries best traits: intelligent, witty, loyal, committed, hard-workers, energetic and adventurous.
This is the list of some crystals that are recommended for everyone who was born under this star sign.
Diamond, Citrine, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Fire Agate, Amethyst, Blue Kyanite, Emerald, Aventurine, Aquamarine, Red Jasper.
Color Choices: Shades of red, orange and blue.
I designed gorgeous fun flower earrings beading tutorial inspired by Aries zodiac sign color palette. BUY THIS TUTORIAL
These beaded earrings are created from tiny glass seed beads in orange and deep purple colors. The red orange stone is a Cubic Zirconia in color of Carnelian.
BUY THIS TUTORIAL.
Power Color: White and orange.
Diamond is the “king” of all precious gems, symbol of purity and invincibility. Provides harmony and beauty in any confusing and uncertain situation bringing clarity and protecting from anything you don’t need. Diamonds have been known to attract inspiration, genius and abundance.
“Universe” hand beaded grey Druzy, Diamond, Moonstone, Swarovski crystal, pearl and tiny glass seed bead necklace.
Diamond connects to universal power, clears aura and fills it with light. Powerful enough to drive away evil and bring good fortune.
Red Jasper is known as the “supreme nurturer”. It protects against psychical danger, provides insight into difficult situations, brings problems to light before they become super big.
“Flower Power” hand beaded Red Jasper and Turquoise seed bead belt.
This necklace is created from tiny glass seed beads in colors of orange, yellow, cream, brown and black. Necklace pendant is made from Picture Jasper and Crazy Lace Agate stones.
Citrine is the gemstone of light, happiness and abundance. It is the most powerful gemstone for manifestation, helping you to achieve your goals. Creates clear thinking, increases creativity and imagination. It also encourages generosity and the sharing of good fortune. Citrine protects the aura and cleans the chakras.
Blue Kyanite stimulates intuition and spirituality. It encourages you to speak the truth, cutting through fears and blockages. Kyanite provides truth and insight for difficult situations while it’s calming properties ready the mind for meditation.
This hand beaded necklace is created from tiny glass seed beads, natural feathers, beach stone, leather, sea shell heishi and Blue Kyanite beads.
Check my other blogs about zodiac signs, birthstones.
more beading tutorials.
FOLLOW ME on Twitter Follow @ezartesa
Sea glass is a glass pieces from the broken bottles and jars that had been worn smooth by the tumbling action of the sea waves against the shore. Ocean weaves drags the pieces of glass across the sand and stones, smoothing it and shaping in different shapes, creating frosted and worn surfaces.
Sea glass is so pretty that it deserves to be adorned. Use your most precious founded sea glass pieces to make a unique necklaces, earrings and bracelets.
There are many ways to make sea glass jewelry. Most common are:
- Wire wrapping. You would need 20gauge sterling silver, copper or gold-plated wire.
- Drilling. You would need Dremel drill and drilling press.
- Bezeling requires more training than drilling or wrapping sea glass.
I like to incorporate in sea glass necklaces sea shells and drift wood pieces. Tu create this mixed necklace you will have to learn basic peyote stitch, circular and tubular peyote stitches.
The supplies I usually use for my sea glass jewelry:
- Sea glass, beach stones
- Sea shell
Some shells already have holes for stringing.
- Natural Feathers
- Cotton Cord
- Cotton thread
- Nylon beading thread (conditioned with beeswax).
- Needles #12, #12 sharps
- E-6000 glue
- Delica Glass Seed Beads
- Rocailles seed beads
- Beading foundation
- Usually I start by playing with different shapes of drift wood, beach stones, sea glass pieces till I create the desirable composition.
- Then I glue the chosen pieces to beading foundation: Put a dab of E-6000 glue on beading foundation, and then glue the material to the back (or around) of the piece of sea glass (beach stone, shell or driftwood).
- Set the sea glass (beach stone, shell or driftwood) aside and left the glue dry and cure for at least 4 hours (best would be 24 hours).
- Tie an overhand knot at the end of 2yd. (1.8m) of conditioned thread. Using a # 12 sharps needle, sew through the beading foundation fabric from back to front, next to the stone edge.
- Pick up six Delica Japanese seed beads and position them along the stone’s edge. Sew through the last three beads (figure 1). Continue working in beaded backstitch around the edge of the cab, adding an even number of beads (photo c).
- Using a regular beading needle and Delica seed beads, work in tubular, even-count peyote stitch around the ring. Changing seed bead colors for each round, continue adding rounds of peyote until the top edge of the cab is covered (photo d, e).
- Then I create a bail for pendant: usually I cut desirable piece of natural leather. Then I create gorgeous print/pattern from tiny glass seed beads.
- For necklace strap I use cotton cord and make an adjustable, sliding clasp.
I love combining natural materials in to one big and complicated piece of jewelry.
Beach stone, sea glass, feather and driftwood beaded Beachcomber necklace by Ezartesa. To buy this stunning sea glass necklace press here.
Sea glass for sure is the most gorgeous beach find you’ll ever see. If you are lucky, you have stunning ocean tumbled sea glass piece that you can turn into unique jewelry with the wonderful story.
How to make adjustable sliding clasp for necklace
I am showing to you how to make adjustable sliding clasp for beaded necklace with cotton cord strap. For this tutorial you will need to know simple even-count peyote stitch technique.
Step 1: On 28” of thread, and leaving 6” tail work in flat, even-count peyote stitch to make one strip of 10 beads wide ant 16 rows tall (one 11oE, eight 11oA, one 11o E) (photo a-1). Secure the 6” tail thread in beadwork with a few half-hitch knots between beads, and trim.
Step 2: Cut a 2” long peace of cotton cord (photo a-1). Wrap it around the necklace strap. Then pick up a finished strip and wrap it around 2” folded cord (photo a-2). Zip up the first and last rows together, retrace the thread path a few times, and with the sharp needle sew through the middle of beaded strip and two cotton cords (photo a-3), weave through the couple beads and repeat one more time. Secure the working thread in the beadwork and trim.
Step 3: On 14” of thread and leaving 5” tail work in flat, even-count peyote stitch with 11oAs to make a strip of 6 beads wide ant 16 rows tall (photo a-4). Secure the 5” tail thread in beadwork with a few half-hitch knots between beads, and trim.
Step 4: Wrap finished strip around the necklace strap (photo a-5), zip up the first and last rows together (photo a-5). Retrace the thread path a few times, secure the tail in beadwork with a few half-hitch knots between beads, and trim. This last strip should slide, be careful not to sew through the cotton cord.
If you would like to learn how to make this bohemian, ethnic inspired beaded seed bead necklace press here.
© Ezartesa design.
I created a fun and easy beading tutorial for advanced weavers and determined beginners. Learn how to incorporate in your beadwork Swarovski crystal rose montees, mini rounds and open round rings.
Materials for a pair of earrings.
- In this beading tutorial I’m using size D Nylon thread in reed color (conditioned with beeswax).
- Beading needles #12.
- Bead, Swarovski® crystals, Crystal Passions® amethyst, 6mm faceted mini round (5052), 2 beads.
- Bead, Swarovski® crystals, Crystals, amethyst, 2mm faceted round with 0.6mm hole, 18 beads.
- Component, antique brass-plated brass, 9mm open round with 7mm hole, 2beads.
- Swarovski crystals and silver-plated pewter, scarlet, 3-3.2mm rose montees with 0.4-0.6mm hole, 2 beads.
- Japanese Cylinder, Delica Seed Beads
Rocailles Seed Beads
approx. 0,5g size 15o B – transparent color-lined fancy rose gold.
approx. 0.5g size 15o C – Transparent color-lined rainbow purple.
approx. 0.5g size 15o D – Translucent gold luster cranberry.
approx. 0.5g size 15o E – 24Kt gold plated.
- Ear wire 13.5mm fishhook with open loop.
- On about 1yd of (red) thread, and leaving an 18in tail string one 11o A color seed bead,
- Connect two last beads by sewing the needle down through the next 11o A bead (photo a-5) and come up through the bead where you started.
- Sew the needle down through the next 11o A and string 6mm mini round (photo a-6) sew down through the opposite 11o A bead (at the other end of the ring), turn the beadwork up side down, sew the needle to the left through the next 11o A bead, go through the 6mm mini round bead and exit through the opposite 11o A bead (at the other end of the ring) (photo a-7).
- Sew the needle down to the left through the one 11o A bead, pick up one 2mm amethyst Swarovski round bead and sew up through the next 11o A bead (photo a-8), then string two 15o D beads and sew down through the next 11o A bead (photo a-9). Work around the ring till you have a total of nine 2mm beads and nine 15o D pairs (photo a-10).
- Then exiting one 2mm amethyst bead string one 15o B bead and sew through the next 2mm bead (photo a-11). Work around the ring till you have a total of nine 15oB beads (photo a-12).
- Secure the thread at the other end of the beadwork, sew the needle down through the 11o A bead, string one 15o C bead and come up through the next 11o A (photo a-13). Repeat around the ring.
- Then exiting last 15o C string one 11o A bead, sew through the next 15o C and work around the ring till you have a total of nine beads (photo a-14,15) and sew the needle through the all nine beads two times (photo a-16).
- Secure the thread at the other end of beadwork and exit 11o A and 15o D at the top of earring (photo a-17), string two 15o Bs and sew down through the next 15o D, come up to the right through the 15o D and 15o B beads. Work three more 15o B pairs (photo a-18, 19).
- Secure the thread at the other end of beadwork and exiting 15o D bead (photo a-20,21) work one 15o E bead between the pairs, and then two 15o B s…repeat around the ring. Then secure the thread in the beadwork and trim.
- Secure the thread that exits 15o B bead and string two 15o Es, ear-wire, two 15o Es sew down through the 15o B and come up through the next 15o B and 15o D beads (photo a-22).
- Then sew the needle up through the 15o E, ear-wire, down through the two 15o Es and 15o B bead, string 15o B, 15o E, 15o B skip one bead and sew the needle through the 15o B (photo a-23), come up through the next 15o B, and repeat to the other side (FIGURE 1).
- Weave the thread up through the two 15o Es, ear-wire, two 15o Es, one 15o B and string the Swarovski rose montee, skip two beads, and sew diagonally through the one 15o B, come up through the next 15oB, sew diagonally through the Swarovski montee and exit through the opposite 15o E bead (photo a-24, 25) (FIGURE 1). Secure the thread in the beadwork and trim. Repeat to make a second earring.
To sea more beading tutorials and patterns go to my beading tutorials page.
All text and photos copyright by jewelry designer Ezartesa.
This is the list of some crystals that are recommended for everyone who was born under this star sign.
Garnet, Ruby, Black Onyx, Smoky Quartz, Jet, Amethyst, Blue Lace Agate.
Garnet stone represents faith, love and constancy. Creates good vibrations and is often used in Capricorn birthstone jewelry, as it is a strong stone to create loving relationships. Garnet crystal is the birthstone in most ancient calendars for January, in which month Capricorn people are born.
This gorgeous statement necklace is created by using natural, excellent clarity Garnet cabochons and beads, faceted Rhodolite Garnet beads and tiny glass seed beads in purple, lilac, dark purple, fuchsia, wine, gold luster cranberry, lavender and amethyst.
You can buy this stunning “Purple Love” Necklace there.
Beaded Garnet gemstone statement bracelet.
Ruby stone provides strength, vitality, boosts self-esteem, it acts as a positive energy and a great support in handling relationships.
Black Onyx stone keeps the person grounded, giving him better control of himself as he goes about realizing his ambitions.
I created gorgeous and easy beading tutorial inspired by Capricorn zodiac sign birthstones and colors. The beaded cap teardrop earrings tutorial is created for an advanced beginning bead weaver.
The pattern includes instructions to make the beaded cap for top drilled teardrops that you can use for earrings or pendants. Beaded cap is created from tiny glass seed beads #15 (rocaille), Swarovski crystal round beads and rose montees. Beading Tutorial includes 4 color pages with 41 color pictures.
Purchase this pattern in my: EzartesaJewelry Etsy shop.
How I Create Cape Cod Necklaces from items found on the beach: sea glass, driftwood, beach stone and feathers
Beachcomber Necklace with Beach Stone and Sea Glass by Ezartesa.
Tumbled by waves, recycled by the sea, sea glass is a product of both nature and man. A quality piece of sea glass has no shiny spots, is well frosted, and has smooth edges.
Beach Glass Necklace in Sea Green and Brown by Ezartesa.
Every colorful and good quality piece I find gives me an idea of what kind of Cape Cod-inspired necklace I can create. First, I play with the shapes, then I think about color and then about the texture. Texture I create by weaving tiny glass seed beads around the piece of sea glass.
Sea Glass and Driftwood Necklace by Ezartesa.
For my Cape Cod Jewelry, I use a natural leather. First, I cut a desired length and width of leather strip, then I embellish it with tiny glass seed beads.
Lavender Sea Glass Necklace by Ezartesa.
While there are plenty of different kinds of shells and sea glass to discover, there are also wonderful beach rocks to be found on the shores of Cape Cod. I love collecting clear and milky quartz in different shapes and colors for my Cape Cod Necklaces. I use these adorable beach stones as a focal/center piece for my necklaces, and embellish them with matte, opaque and gold-plated glass seed beads.
Blue Sea Glass and Citrine Beach Stone Necklace by Ezartesa.
These pebbles are abundant on all the Cape beaches. What I am looking for when beachcombing, is whatever appeals to me: smooth, beautiful round or oval-shaped milky stones in peachy, yellow or grey colors. My favorite beach stone is clear quartz in light yellow or smoky brown color.
I treasure the stones that fascinate me personally, that challenge my thoughts and imagination. This is where my inspiration comes from every time I go to the beach.
Sea Green Sea Glass and Feather Beaded Necklace by Ezartesa.
Other items that I collect are driftwood and feathers.
White Feather, Beach Stone and Sea Glass Beaded Necklace by Ezartesa.
The jewelry you wear is an expression of your personality, passions, and lifestyle. While I design a new piece of jewelry I always think about what feeling, what mood and what story I want to tell with the jewelry piece I’m working with.
Ezartesa's handmade jewelry for sale online.
Making Jewelry from Sea Glass with Interesting Materials: Seed Beads, Leather, Cotton Tassels, Driftwood, Feathers and Cotton Cord
Many sea glass collectors simply choose to keep their treasures in jars, while others enjoy giving pieces to friends or relatives. I collect these frosted gems for my jewelry making projects and crafts. I love combining sea glass with tiny glass seed beads, leather, driftwood, shells, and feathers to form a beachy style Jewelry.
Making Jewelry From Sea Glass, Tutorial by Ezartesa.
What I love about the sea glass? There is no two identical pieces of sea glass. Every shape is unique and exiting! When I look for the quality pieces of sea glass for me is very important smoothness, absence of chips, shape and size. If I find a piece that’s still has a sharp edges or is not opaque, I just let it stay on the beach for more rolling.
When I designing a piece of jewelry, I always start with the color combinations, shape and size of the sea glass. Then I decide what seed bead color palette will be, or what patter I need to create to enhance the beauty of sea glass.
I like using a natural leather for my jewelry base. Usually wider and longer leather strip is cut for the centerpiece, and two or four smaller pieces arranged around it.
Beaded Cotton Tassel Necklace Tutorial by Ezartesa
Seed bead TUTORIAL: My favorite sea glass jewelry designs have incorporated handmade tassels, which are not difficult to make.
Step 1: Cut a winding board from heavy card stock, or cardboard; for the big tassel 6cm cardboard, for two small 4,5cm.
Step 2: Wind thread around board in loops until you reach desired fullness (as you work, you can change thread colors)
Step 3: Tie 5-inch thread into a tight knot around top of looped thread.
Step 4: Cut through looped ends (take it off board), and adjust it into tassel shape
Step 5: Cut a 12-inch length of thread to wrap tassel neck: Fashion 1 end of thread into a loop shape, then lay loop on tassel. Grasp the other end, and wrap it tightly around tassel and over the top of the loop to secure it. Wrap slowly, working from the top of the neck down, so neck threads lie evenly next to one another. As you wrap, ensure all the threads in the head and skirt are neatly in place. After wrapping neck, pass end of thread through loop and gently close loop, tucking ends into the head of the tassel. Trim tassel ends, a few threads at a time, to even them if necessary. On top of the tassel, cut the thread tales of too.
Step 6: Wash the tassels with shampoo, brush and dry.
I like to use natural feathers for my sea glass necklaces. I usually glue the feather to the middle of leather strip, and fold the other end of leather on top of feather. Then I work in flat, odd-count peyote stitch to make a strip form glass seed beads to put it on top of leather.
How to Work with Feathers, Leather and Glass Seed Beads, Tutorials by Ezartesa.
For my hand beaded one-of-a-kind sea glass necklace I use my hand painted original evil eye painted cabochons. I use an acrylic paint and natural bone hand cut cabochons.
Evil Eye Original Hand Painted Cabochons by Ezartesa for Sale.
My mostly all beachcomber, sea glass necklaces are reversible and adjustable. I use a cotton cord and glass seed beads to create sliding clasp, that necklace could be adjusted to desire length.
BUY THIS NECKLACE!
Genuine Beach Glass, Evil Eye and Beaded Cotton Tassel Necklace for Sale.
Making jewelry from beach found objects: sea glass, driftwood, shells and feathers is a real pleasure. No feather, sea shell or beach glass are identical, that’s the most interesting and exciting part of process creating sea glass jewelry.
On shoreline of Cape Cod, small, interesting shape colorful particles can be found nestled in the sand where it meets the surf. I call these tiny sea glass specks – Cape Cod treasures. And what can be better way to show up these beauties then making it in to sea glass Jewelry adornments.
Beaded Choker Leather and Sea Glass Necklace for sale by Ezartesa.
I normally pick a focal sea glass peace, one or two other founded objects like driftwood or feathers, and leather. Then carefully choose a color combination of tiny glass seed beads. At times I am obsessed by contrasting palettes and textures, and at other times by harmony possible in combining corresponding tones and textures.
Beachcomber Sea Glass Necklace for sale by Ezartesa.
I’m very inspired by the magical green, cool blues, sea green, brown colors of these smooth, frosted gems.
Bold patterns and playful tassels make this Sea Glass necklaces perfect for a fun summer event or night out.
Bring a hint of coastal flair to any of your summer outfits with this cool color combination Sea Glass Necklace by Ezartesa.
Trying to showcase the beauty of these sea-polished gems, and giving these frosted beauties a new life on land is what this collection is all about.
Handmade Jewelry For Sale by Ezartesa
Sea glass jewelry with green, black seed beads by Ezartesa. BUY NOW!
Sea glass jewelry by Ezartesa. BUY NOW!
My method of making beaded sea glass jewelry requires precision. I begin cutting leather strips and tracing the neck, meticulously marking where I will position it. Then I embellish the leather using tiny glass seed beads, creating a luxurious and exotic patterns.
Sea glass jewelry with seed beads by Ezartesa. Buy This Necklace!
Beaded sea glass necklace in sea green, brown by Ezartesa. Buy Now!
I choose a color palette that would enhance the beauty of sea glass, sea shell or beautiful piece of driftwood.
Sea shell beaded necklace, pendant with seed beads, Beachcomber Wellfleet by Ezartesa. Buy this Cape Cod sea shell necklace!
Sea green sea glass and seed bead beaded necklace by Ezartesa. Buy NOW!
I use the highest quality leather from all over the world – Italy, France the US, and elsewhere. I also like to use unusual materials like handmade silk and cotton tassels, cotton cord and natural feathers. These high-caliber materials make for durable luxury jewelry peace’s that customers can wear for a long time, and pass it for other generations. You just can’t get this kind of jewelry anywhere.
Artist / Jewelry designer Ezartesa.
Driftwood, Leather and Seed Bead Necklace by Ezartesa.
Beaded Sea Glass, Feather, Driftwood Necklace by Ezartesa.
When I design the jewelry peace, first I play around with textures, colors, and shapes. Then I think what color, and what kind of pattern I need to create of tiny seed beads to enhance the beauty of sea glass or beach shone.
Creative Process of Beach Comber Collection 2016.
In this Beachcomber collection I decided to use a warm brown color objects with cool blues, sea greens, and blacks with strong greens. These combinations give to my jewelry the soothing calm feeling of the seashore.
The style of this collection is casual, and artsy chic: a sleek, very well made pendants dangling from a woven cotton cord. I use natural leather as a base, and embellish it with tiny glass seed beads. Combination of leather and beadwork gives a rich texture to my one-of-a-kind hand beaded jewelry.
Feather Dangle Gold Seed Bead Earrings by Ezartesa.
I love adding adorable feathers to my jewelry, especially for my earrings. They very light and so cute.
Native American Inspired Feather Beaded Earrings by Ezartesa.
I call my finds from the beach - Cape Cod Treasures, and my Beachcomber jewelry peace’s - summer fun memories.